Hey friends!! It’s FRIDAY TOMORROW and I can’t WAIT! Friday’s are the BEST!
Thanks for your lovely (half!) birthday wishes on my post yesterday!! You are the BEST! And guess what happened today?! My AMAZING best friends surprised me with a half-birthday celebration!! They had baked a chocolate birthday cake, peanut butter cookies, dark chocolate and chocolate chip muffins! Seriously, how well do they know me?! I didn’t have my camera with me at the time, but I got to take the leftovers home so took photos then, and trust me they won’t be around for long!
They baked it all themselves and it was their first time baking vegan goods and they tasted SO delicious!! I had so many cookies and muffins, chocolate and two slices of cake. Hey, it’s my birthday!
All that sugar actually fuelled me SO well for a speedwork run! Based on Page’s Shreadmill run post today:
1 min at Distance/Long Run Pace (7.50 min/mile)
1 min at Goal Pace- 30 secs faster (7. 20 min/mile)
2 mins at 5k pace- (6.40 min/mile)
1 min at fast/hard pace- (6.10 min/mile)
+5 min warm-up @ 7.55 min/mile and 5 min cooldown @ 7.40 min/mile.
I did a Page and got my last interval down to in the 5 min/mile zone!
This was so FUN and it was great to change things up! Repeated the intervals five times and felt GREAT the whole time. Also did 30 mins on the elliptical afterwards. I am going to be fuelling all my future runs with cookies and cake methinks!
Day 29- Goals for this month
So I’ve seen a lot of other bloggers post their March goals, and I have a few of my own!
1. Train well. NOT overtrain of course, but stay focused, stick to my plan (which I’ll be talking about on Saturday) and this way I’ll be able to do well in my 5k race. This includes doing a lot of cross-training and at least one rest day- both my body and my mind need to chillax sometimes!
3. Do a yoga session at least once a week. I do a few yoga stretches every day before bed, but since my yoga class got cancelled in January, I haven’t done a full session! I want to do at least a 40 min session once a week- I miss it!!
4. Rehydrate properly. I am seriously lacking in the rehydrating area. I drink a LOT of water but never replenish my salts, so I get a lot of muscle cramps and headaches as a result. I’m going to try to work on this this month and hopefully see results.
5. Join a gym. I quit my gym a few months ago because I felt it was getting too expensive for me, and have been using it on a pay-as-you-go basis since then. But I calculated yesterday that I am paying almost DOUBLE what a membership would cost me! So I think it’s time to sort that out!
6. Perfect my cinnamon-raisin peanut butter recipe. So many of you requested the recipe after I made it on Tuesday, but sadly it was only okay…not raisiny enough and too dry. So I WILL perfect it so we can all bathe in the nutty-cinnamony-raisiny goodness.
7. Help others more. I want to start doing something that will benefit others, because sometimes I feel so self-centred, and I would really love to do something that will make a difference to other people!! I’m thinking of helping out with the youth group at my church or at a care home or something like that.
8. Wash my hair more often. No elaboration needed.
Do you have any goals for this month? I could list hundreds to be honest, but I don’t think I’d be able to acheive them all!
Are you a gym member? What is most important to you when looking at gyms? Price, classes, location, facilities, etc…for me, price is a big deal, but location and classes are also pretty important.
What is your exercise/run fuel of choice? Mine is Clif bars or PB+banana on toast normally, but now it’s cookies and cake!!
ENJOY your Friday lovelies!!