Hey guys!! Hope you’re having a great Friday!!
If you’re new to the blog (hello!!) or are a reader but suffer from chronic memory-loss like me, then you should know that every Friday I post my Friday Faves!! So here are today’s favourites…
1. Double Oatmeal Raisin Cookie oatmeal…
It is perfectly normal (and highly recommended) to include cookies in your breakfast by the way, especially delicious Happy Herbivore ones you made. Little tip there.
2. The reading-on-the-elliptical trick.
I don’t remember how I ever managed to last on this machine before discovering this. (And FYI, if you are looking to increase your speed in the 5k or 10k, this book is AMAZING!) Anyway, Friday cross-training was a lunch-hour special: 30 mins elliptical, 15 mins spin bike and weights.
I also did two YogaDownload classes (Yoga for Strength and Yoga for Runners).
It felt SO good to stretch out! My hamstrings were SO tight!!
Little drops of heaven.
Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
These bad boys are moist and delicious, and yet are healthy! Made with spelt flour, sweetened with agave and can be oil-free too!
(Make 5-6 large muffins, depending on how much ‘batter tasting’ you do)
- 1 cup wholegrain spelt flour + 1/4 cup all-purpose/plain flour (you can use all spelt if you prefer, or a different flour)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 tbsp wheatgerm or bran
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp oil or unsweetened applesauce (I used 1T applesauce+2T melted vegan butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick or use liners.
- Mix all dry ingredients together except the chocolate chips. Then add the wet and chips and stir in.
- Bake for about 10 mins, depending on your oven (my speedy one only took 7!) and then remove, transfer to a cooling rack, and ENJOY!!
I actually do eat some things other than chocolate and oatmeal, despite what it tends to look like on here! And you know when my birthday is now, so I expect THIS:
That hint was very subtle I know. Subtlety is one of my strong points. As is modesty apparently!
What are some of your Friday Favourites? Share with me PLEASE!!
What is your favourite veggie? Mine is broccoli! I love spinach too…and squash…and mushrooms…man I love veggies!!
And if you could get a T-Shirt saying “I love…*something*”, what would that something be? I think the broccoli one is pretty cool personally!
I might go and wash my hair now and fulfil another of my March Goals…be proud people!
Have a great weekend friends!!