Breakfast this morning was protein oatmeal to warm me up. I used a scoop of the soya protein powder, and although my stomach felt a bit funny afterwards, it wasn’t too bad, but I definitely won’t have more than a scoop at any one time! Note to self: next time order the right protein powder! Pea pea PEA!
Today, I did a spot of baking. What a surprise, I know! (Please note that the recipe was emailed to me a while back by a friend, so I am unsure of the source.)
Blueberry and Cinnamon Scones
- 300g self-raising flour, sifted (I used 200g wholemeal self raising, 100g ordinary)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 50g olive oil spread/vegan spread
- 25g caster sugar
- 50g dried blueberries
- 250g soya yoghurt (I used plain, but flavoured might be nice)
- 1.5 tbsp milk (I used oat milk)
1. Preheat the oven at 220ºC/425ºF/gas mark 7 with a baking sheet in it.
2. Put the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a food processor, then cut the spread into pieces and add to the flour. Whiz for 30 seconds until the mixture forms into crumbs and tip into a bowl. Or, if you are like me and live in the Dark Ages still (i.e. you have no food processor), then rub in by hand. More fun anyway!
3. Add the dried blueberries, sugar and yogurt and gently mix everything together. Knead on a well floured surface to make a smooth dough. Roll out to whatever thickness you like (I did 2cm thickness) and stamp 12 x 6½cm rounds using a floured cutter.
I could only make 11 scones, and a little scone ball, but I guess it depends on your thickness.
Very yummy! I would love to try making this using this using flavoured yoghurt! Also, next time I would add more cinnamon, as I couldn’t taste it as strongly as I would have liked ideally. Still delicious! If only I had jam to spread on these, it would be perfect! I’ll buy some tomorrow though, just for the occasion!
I also enjoyed a tough, but relaxing evening yoga class, which was a great way to end a tough week! On that topic, I’d quickly like to thank you all for your lovely comments and support yesterday. It seriously meant a lot to me to read your kind words, so thank you very much!
Don’t know what I’m most excited about here! What have you got planned this weekend?
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Filed under: Uncategorized |