*EDITED:* FOR SOME REASON THE WRITING HAS GONE TINY, AND I CAN’T FIX IT! SO GET OUT YOUR MAGNIFYING GLASSES YOU GUYS! 😛
It’s okay, you can all breathe a sigh of relief: I’m not actually sick. ‘Aunt flo’ visited. Well, she didn’t actually visit because I don’t have periods at the moment (see here for details) but I annoyingly still get PMS! Anyway, all morning I had stomach cramps and felt bleugh. But I still managed to have a great day! Here are my tips for surviving a sick day:
My first bowl of oat bran! Inspired after reading Heather’s post about it, as it contains more protein and fibre than normal oats, so I thought I’d give it a whirl! Made it in the usual whipped banana way:
I loved it! Still, I won’t be giving up my regular oats any time soon!
I may or may not have had four of these…plus dough…
…which were delicious!! It’s official- I love coconut butter!! (If you don’t have any, you can make it yourself- see here).
It’s a variation on her Raw Chocolate Fudge Cake, and she’ll be posting this recipe soon. Trust me, it is literally the best thing ever!
7. Work up a sweat! I felt slightly better in the afternoon, and anyway, exercise helps relieve PMS symptoms, so I hit the gym for a tempo treadmill run, with my faster mile in…
…and my warm-up/cool down miles in a 7.50-8.10 min/mile pace. Followed by some time on the elliptical reading more of Paula Radcliffe’s autobiography. Did I look like a geek? Yes.
Vegan ‘Cheezy’ Broccoli Soup
(serves 2, or one hungry person)
- A head of broccoli (approx 200g)
- 1/2 cup ‘cheeze’ sauce (can use more or less as desired)
- 250ml (~1 cup) vegetable broth/stock
- Nutritional yeast flakes to top (optional)
- Microwave your broccoli in water for about 10 mins, depending on your microwave.
- Blend together the broccoli, ‘cheeze’ sauce and broth/stock.
- Serve, topped with more nooch if, like me, you are a little addicted.
Made with: 2 big handfuls spinach, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1 tsp xanthan gum, 1 scoop protein powder and 1 sachet Vitamin C supplement (to help with iron absorption). Topped with Grape Nuts for some crunch!
What do you do when you’re not feeling well? Do you have any other survival tips to share? Share with me your pearls of wisdom por favor!
And what are your favourite feel-good TV programmes? I love anything funny to cheer me up, or a Disney movie will do the trick too!
Have a great week friends!!
Filed under: Uncategorized |