Did ya not get the memo? Valentine’s Day is today. Well, at least I’m celebrating it today, in good old singleton fashion, aka, with FOOD! I am so excited to share two yummy recipes with you lovelies today!! Because it’s Valentine’s Day and I love you all.
Valentine’s Breakfast: Chocolate oatbran with strawberries.
Chocolate + Strawberries = match made in heaven. Cupid must have been involved there.
Valentine’s Lunch: A bowl of chocolate chips with butter.
HA no, only kidding! That was included in what I made after lunch…here’s a little clue in Spot The Difference form. Possibly the most fun game ever invented.
Did you spot the difference?
Oh yes. I made my own chocolate peanut butter, aka Dark Chocolate Dreams!! I searched high and low for a no-added-oil peanut butter recipe, and couldn’t find one, so I just winged it anyway and it worked!
(Fills one 12oz jar like the one shown above)
- 2 cups peanuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1.5 tsp (vegan) margarine
- 1/8 tsp salt (optional)
- Place your peanuts into a food processor and process on high, stopping to scrape down the sides when necessary. It is done when the peanuts have formed a smooth, oily looking butter. For me, this took 12 minutes (incl. scraping time).
- Melt your chocolate chips and margarine. I zapped them in the microwave in 20 sec intervals, stopping once mostly melted. Then stir until fully melted, and add to the processor.
- Process the peanut butter and melted chocolate together for a few minutes until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Enjoy!! (For storage information see Angela’s recipe)
A HUGE THUMBS UP! Tastes completely decadent, and sooo chocolaty! In case you were wondering, I washed out the DCD jar I finished yesterday, and used it to house my homemade version!
It is official. I love my new food processor more than life itself. But not more than my version of Dark Chocolate Dreams of course! That stuff is my Valentine this year!
Actually, again a lil’ white lie. My dinner was a pretty standard un-Valentinesy lentil stew+rice, but dessert makes a meal anyway IMHO, and this one certainly did!
Serves 1, obviously!
- 1/3 block firm silken tofu (I used Mori-Nu)
- 4 large strawberries (approx 60g?)
- 1.5-3 tsp agave (depends on your tastes, adjust as desired)
- Combine all ingredients and blend away!
- Chill in fridge for as long as possible, or for at least 30 mins.
- Top with yummy foods and enjoy!!
I would love to try this with other fruits like raspberries, and try adding cocoa powder for a chocolaty version!
So I’ve really enjoyed my Valentine’s Day #2! Maybe I should make this Valentine’s month…hmm… And I seriously LOVED reading all your amazing+lovely comments yesterday, and all the awesome V-Day posts that you bloggers wrote! You are all so INSPIRATIONAL!!
And coming up soon is some v. exciting news and a hummus recipe! I love hummus almost as much as chocolate and running. Almost.
What things do you love? Erm, chocolate, running, chocolate+running, hummus, and everything in life. Except tea.
Did you have a foodie Valentine’s Day? Eat anything yummy you’d like to share with me and make me jealous of, hmm? I ate lots of chocolate. But hey, what’s new!
Hope you’ve had a great V-Day and enjoy the rest of your week friends!!