So yesterday, I made a ton of delicious gingerbread cookies! And guess what? There isn’t a single one left this evening! That’s 39 cookies eaten in less than 24 hours, for your information! My family and I decimate all baked goods. Fact. I’ll get to the recipe in a moment. The rest of my day first!
Simply a chopped apple, sprinkled with cinnamon, covered with soya yoghurt which was topped with my yummy Bodymatter granola.
A Bounce almond protein ball! The 12g of protein kept me satisfied for ages while I hit the shops for yet more Christmas shopping! I had lunch whilst rushing round the shops, which was a houmous and falafel wrap:
All I’ve got left to get now is my brother’s Christmas card, and that’s it! Just have to keep my fingers crossed for that Amazon delivery now!
Before I left for my shopping trip, I remembered that I’d seen a gym attached to the shopping centre last time, so I packed some clothes and took some time out from my shopping to hit the gym for a quick 45 min workout! And I was super excited when I got there to find that this gym was so posh! Well actually it was probably quite average, but my local gym has very ‘vintage’ (circa 19th Century probably!) machines, so these seemed amazing to me! A treadmill with a TV?!
So how is your Christmas shopping going? Got everything yet? Oh, and have you regulars noticed the blog theme change? Like it? I do! I think it’s much more ‘me’ than the last one! On that note, there are going to be a more few minor blog changes coming up soon, just so ya know!
Anyway, back to the cookies!
Vegan double gingerbread cookies (adapted from here)
- 140g vegan spread (or unsalted butter)
- 100g molasses sugar (or dark brown sugar)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or molasses, golden syrup etc.)
- 350g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda/baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger and 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 balls stem ginger from a jar, chopped finely <—-hence the double gingerness of the cookies, for Maria who asked!
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment. Melt spread, sugar and syrup in a pan until a smooth liquid forms. Mix the flour, soda and spices together in a bowl. Stir in the liquid and chopped ginger to make a stiff-ish dough.
- If necessary, wait until cool enough to handle, then roll out dough to about 5mm thick. Stamp out shapes using cookie cutters, re-rolling and pressing the trimmings back together and rolling again. Lift onto baking sheets. Bake for approx 8-12 mins (depending on the size of your cookies and on your oven) until golden. Cool 10 mins on the sheets, then lift onto cooling racks. Once fully cooled, ice/decorate if desired. Enjoy!
Or you can just be organised and check beforehand. Up to you really!
I actually just threw in the spices (couldn’t find a teaspoon measurer- can you tell I’m slightly disorganised? ), so I’m not sure exactly of the amounts I used, but it turned out fine anyway!
I then added a bit of green icing (green=Xmas!) to some of them. I would have iced them completely, but I had less than 50g of icing sugar in the house, so I made do with what little I had!
That’s for all you wonderful readers, who are all stars to me!